Facilities Request Form
You must read the following and signify agreement before completing the Facilities
RADIATION AREA RESTRICTIONS FOR TOUR GROUPS AT FERMILAB
Radiation is a natural part of our environment. The average amount of radiation an individual receives from natural background radiation is 620 millirem (mrem) per year (e.g., naturally occurring materials in soil, cosmic rays from outer space, medical and dental exposures, etc.). At Fermilab there are some areas where radiation
levels above natural background levels may exist due to the operation of our
accelerators. If radiation levels exceed 5 mrem/hr, the area is
designated as a Radiation Area and posted with signs.
Scientific tours with valid technical needs may be permitted to visit
experimental or accelerator areas that are posted as Radiation Areas.
Visitors to such areas must be escorted by a tour guide who is
currently trained as a radiation worker at Fermilab and is otherwise
qualified to enter such areas. Tours to such areas shall be approved by the
division/section head responsible for the area. Members of tours
shall be provided an orientation commensurate with the hazards presented in
the area and assigned dosimetry in accordance with Article 941 of the
Fermilab Radiological Control Manual, which give the details of the
Laboratory policy on such visits.
ES & H Section
The person or persons proposing an event (hereafter referred to as the sponsor)
is responsible to see that all activities conform to Fermilab's Safety Policy
and comply with the following conditions:
- No events are allowed except by formal approval of the Facilities Request
- Fermilab organizations intending to use contract funds for meeting refreshments, meals or continental breakfasts must adhere to the "Use of Contract Funds for the Provision of Refreshments and Meals at Fermilab Hosted Meetings" policy.
- Under the provisions of the Fermilab liquor license, alcoholic beverages
must be purchased through Fermilab's Food Services.
- Dispensing of alcoholic beverages at Fermilab requires certified servers.
- Except with special permission, events at which alcoholic beverages are
available will be limited to four hours and will end promptly at the approved
hour. Site Security will remind the sponsor thirty (30) minutes before the
approved closing hour, but it is the sponsor's responsibility to get all
participants to leave in an orderly and prompt manner.
- Food and beverages requested through Fermilab's Food Services and not
charged to a Project/Task require payment prior to the date of the event or upon
delivery of food and beverages.
- All equipment needed or used for the event must be listed on the Facilities
Request Form. This includes rental equipment.
- Posters require the approval by the Office of Communication before
distribution and may not advertise the availability of alcoholic beverages.
Click this button to continue with the Facilities Request Form. Doing so
acknowledges that the requestor or sponsor of the event has read the above
statements and agrees to abide by the rules, regulations and procedures
Security, Privacy, Legal
Last updated 07-21-08